NIAAA Student Scholarship Essay Program
Nevada's 2022-2023 Award Winners
Katherine Muff - Galena High School
Hunter Moore - Boulder City High School
NIAAA Student-Athlete Scholarship
Purpose of Scholarship
In accordance with the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association’s (NIAAA) purpose to promote, facilitate and increase the knowledge and understanding of the vital role of interscholastic athletics in the educational system, this scholarship program will foster and recognize the partnership between the NIAAA and secondary education. The scholarships will recognize the distinguished scholastic, leadership, and sportsmanship attributes of high school student-athletes, and the importance of high school athletics in each student’s life.
Scholarship Link ---->
“How High School Athletics has Impacted my Life”
1. Applicant must be a Senior
2. Applicant must have achieved at least one (1) of the following:
(A) minimum of B+ average;
(B) Ranked in the top 25% of class;
(C) ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1100 (Math and Reading)
3. Applicant must have participated in two sports for at least two years in each sport
4. Applicant must have earned at least one varsity letter in each of two sports
5. Applicant must complete the attached scholar/essay application
6. Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from the high school athletic administrator/director
7. School athletic directors must be NIAAA members and a member of their respective state athletic administrators association
8. The principal or athletic director must sign the application to ensure that the academic information submitted is accurate
• Applications for Nevada are due 2/1/2023.
•.Each state must select a male and female winner prior to its NIAAA Section meeting
• March: Each section selects its male and female winner
• July: NIAAA Board selects the male and female national winner
• August: National winners notified by NIAAA office
• December: National winners and their parents are invited to attend the national conference to be recognized and present their essay
One male and one female will each receive a plaque recognizing them as state winners. NADA also gives out a $500 scholarship for both winners.
One male and one female in each of the eight NIAAA sections will receive a $1,500 scholarship and a plaque recognizing them as section winners.
One male and one female will be selected from the eight section winners to each receive a $2,500 scholarship and a glass etching recognizing them as national winners in addition to attending the National Conference for Athletic Administrators in December to present their essay.
• Nevada (Wednesday, February 1, 2023)
Please submit completed applications to:
Jason Odegard, CAA via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Odegard.
Due: February 1, 2023, to Mr. Odegard